Dry matar paneer is one of the easiest and ridiculously quickest dish to prepare. That is, if you use frozen peas and store-bought cheese. Except for the time, it takes to thaw the peas and the cheese, prep time is almost zero. Cooking time is just about ten minutes. If you already have bread in the refrigerator, in about 15 minutes you can have a tasty and filling meal.
Ingredients (Serves two)
Frozen green peas 5oz
Indian paneer (available in the freezer section of any Indian grocery store) 3oz
Olive oil one tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
salt to taste
chili powder 1/4 teaspoon
turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
garam masala 1/4 teaspoon
1. Thaw peas and paneer to room temperature.
2. Crumble thawed and softened paneer into little pieces
3. Heat oil in a skillet and roast the cumins till they brown.
4. Add the peas, salt and the spices. Toss the mix thoroughly with a spatula that the peas are completely coated in spies. Cook till peas turn soft.
5. Add the crumbled paneer and blend into the peas with the spatula. Cook the peas and the paneer for an additional minute or two. Do not cook longer than that because paneer will overcook and turn chewy, unless you like your paneer chewy.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to a dish. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and ginger. Serve with Indian roti or make a sandwich with wheat bread.
Thanks for visiting.