The other day at the Indian store I spotted capsicum (bell pepper) in four colors: green, red, yellow and orange. Since they were all priced the same, I could not resist buying one of each. The very idea of creating. a curry in a mix of colors made cooking suddenly exciting. And the beauty of it was that the colors added their own special flavor to a simple curry. Here is how I made the curry
Medium sized Bell pepper, one each in green, red, yellow and orange
Red onion, oen
Fresh ginger, a small piece
Raw peanuts, 10-20
Small cooking potatoes (not baking) 3 or 4
Olive oil, 1-2 tablespoon
Spices (optional): chili powder, turmeric, garam masala to taste
A sprig of coriander or mint
1. Cook potatoes to softness. Peal the skin and cut into small cubes.
2. Chop onions and peppers into small chunks. Thinly slice the ginger. Crush the peanuts coarsely either in a spice mill or in a pestle and mortar.
3. In a skillet, heat oil and add the peanuts. Roast till they turn golden. Add ginger and the onions, Cook till the onions turn translucent.
4. Add the peppers, salt and other spices. Cook till the peppers turn soft but still retaining their color and shape.
6. Remove from heat. garnish with coriander or mint.
Thanks for visiting.