An amazingly tasty dish prepared with simplest vegetables and with just a touch of exotic. Preparation and cooking time can be substantially reduced by using frozen peas and spinach and pre-washed and pre-cut mushroom. And none of these compromise the flavor is any way. What gives this dish its creamy texture is the addition of coconut and cashews. It is also considerably lower in calories without the heavy cream that is typically use in such dishes.
Below are the cooking instructions. I have not given any measurements because you can really mix and match the vegetables and the condiments in any way you prefer:
Frozen spinach thawed, desired amount
Frozen peas thawed, desired amount
Pre-washed and cut mushrooms, desired amount
Potatoes, cooked and cubed
olive oil, 1-2 tablespoon
Chili powder or paprika, to taste
Turmeric, 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Cumin, 1/2-1 teaspoon
Dessicated coconut or coconut flakes, 1-2 tablespoon
Full cashew, 4-5
1. Soak cashews in warm water for about 15 minutes. Drain. Grind coconut and cashews in a blender with a little water till it is a smooth paste. Transfer the paste into a small dish.
2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add cumin and roast till it turns gold brown.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook till they turn soft.
4. Add the potatoes and sautee till they turn brown.
5. Add spinach and peas and heat till they are completed warmed. Add the coconut-cashew paste, salt and chili powder to the vegetables along with some water. Let the whole mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve with cooked rice or roti. Enjoy!